Our wooden furniture follows a whole manufacturing process. Which one?
Published on March 25 2022
The manufacture of furniture from Oak.Store furniture takes a whole process from the moment we acquire the wood from sustainable forests until we have our beautiful dining table at home. A whole team of professionals is in charge of the correct handling of this material and its finishing.
The wood we use for the realization of furniture Oak.Store furniture comes from sustainable European forests. The sustainable forests are those that are responsibly managed. This means that they are managed in a way that maintains their biodiversity, productivity, regeneration capacity, vitality and ability to fulfill all their ecological, economic and social functions now and in the future, and without causing damage to other forests.
This wood arrives at the factories where it is treated in a natural way for the creation of different pieces of furniture, such as this Moby extendable round table. As you know, the finishes we offer are in Natural Oak and Bleached Oak colors.. The treatment that is given to the wood is with Tung oil and to give it that bleached tone we use pigment and natural additives. To know more about tung oil visit our blog post where we talk about it.
Here is a link to the care of wood with oil CLICK!
Once the desired finish has been achieved on the wood, it is shaped in our factories located in the Czech Republic, Romania, Belarus and Lithuania.
Wood protection techniques with natural vegetable oils and waxes enhance the natural color and beauty of the wood.They do not seal the wood, but let it ''breathe'',they do not burden the environment, as these products are fully biologically degradable.
Once the planks of the pieces have been made, we proceed to the first assembly of extendable dining tables, beds, sideboards, chests of drawers, tv furniture etc, these are packed and grouped in pallets to be sent to showroom or delivered to your homes.
In our website and on youtube you have available different videos of the assembly of the videos, we leave you the example of assembly of the Moby dining table.
We make double control of the merchandise, in factory and warehouse. In all the premises where we distribute our furniture we take special care of the temperature. The microclimate must meet the following parameters: indoor air temperature - from +2°С to +40°С, ideal - from +20°C to +23°С; relative air humidity - 40-70%. The temperature and humidity level should be suitable for storing furniture. Heavy goods always go on pallets and packed to arrive in perfect condition. We cooperate with local companies in Madrid and Barcelona and with the number one company in the European Union - DB schenker as we ship all over Europe.
Rules for the operation and care of solid oak furniture.
- Solid oak furniture treated with bio-oils is environmentally friendly, safe for health and easy to restore (if necessary).
- It is very IMPORTANT to leave the extendable tables mounted for at least 7 days for them to acclimatize to the environment and adjust.
- Do not use aggressive cleaning agents; protect the surface to avoid stains in case of spillage of beverages or other food; for renovation-repair, it is recommended to lightly sand the affected surface in the direction of the wood fibers. After that, it is necessary to completely remove the dust with a vacuum cleaner, apply the bio-oil on a dry napkin or cloth and smear the affected surface of solid wood furniture with a thin layer.
- Hot, wet objects can leave traces on the surface of a bio-oil treated matrix, so if liquid is spilled, it should be cleaned up immediately.
- At lower humidity, gaps and cracks may appear on the surfaces of furniture parts; at high humidity, wood may swell. Furniture should be placed at least 50-70 cm away from radiators and other heat sources to avoid deformation of furniture panels. You should also avoid direct sunlight on solid wood furniture.
- The front surfaces of products made of hardwoods, which have discrepancies in texture (fibers) are not manufacturing defect curls, eyes, false cores and other wood defects allowed by international standards that favorably distinguish it from synthetic material.
Oak wood furniture will serve you for many years, if you take proper care of it and follow the rules of maintenance. Furniture should be used according to its functional purpose.